- In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour, cinnamon, sugar, yeast powder, salt, dried cranberries, orange zest and applesauce and combine fully.
- Gently add in the water, oil and dairy-free milk.
- Mix until the mixture has formed into a sticky dough.
- Knead the dough until elastic and smooth/shiny. This will take around 15 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with oil, pop in the dough and cover the bowl with cling film.
- Place the bowl into a warm place and allow to rise for around 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen to double its original size, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal pieces, roll into balls and pop onto a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Cover the tray with cling film and allow to prove for around an hour.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 205°C and make the 'cross' mixture.
- Place the water and flour into a bowl and mix until paste-like.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag and pipe on some crosses.
- Place the hot cross buns into the middle of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Gently heat the orange marmalade, while the marmalade is warm brush over the hot cross buns. Leave to cool and serve.
You’ll want a tall fan oven to do trays of buns for tea. Our three oven range cookers such as the Cuisinemaster and Chefmaster are the perfect size if you like to do a lot of baking.