- To make the posset, finely grate the zest from one of the lemons and one of the oranges.
- Put the cream, 175g of sugar, lemon and orange zests in a saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Then add all the citrus juice, bring back to the boil and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and pour it straight into six wine or dessert glasses while the mixture is still hot (but not boiling, or the glass might crack). Allow it to set for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Cut the rhubarb into 1-inch size pieces; add the other 100g of sugar, and a splash of water. Cover the pan with a lid and gently cook until the rhubarb is stewed. Place to the side to cool.
- To serve, remove the glasses from the fridge and spoon the rhubarb on the top of the set posset.
Our range cookers are perfect for hosting an amazing dinner party.