- Bring the spaghetti to the boil.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry on a low heat in a glug of oil. They should become soft, but not brown if you can manage it. Add in the anchovy fillet, chopped. Cook for a few minutes – the anchovy will start to dissolve.
- Cut all of the tomatoes in half and squeeze their juice into the pan, then add the shells to the pan too.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the oil/ tomato/anchovy combo makes a sauce. Add a bit more oil if it’s looking dry. Throw in the chilli and basil then season with salt and pepper if you want (I don’t).
- Empty the mussels into the pan and stir them around. (If you’re using microwave ones, don’t cook them first!) Cover them with a lid and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and remove any mussels which haven’t opened.
- Keep the pan off the heat until the pasta is done, then drain the pasta, saving a little bit of the water. Pour the mussels and sauce into the pasta, add olives and toss evenly.
- Heat with a lid on for another minute or two, until everything is hot, and serve with basil garnish and bread with oil and balsamic vinegar.
Cook this delicious pasta dish on a range cooker from Leisure. Choose your perfect fuel type, electric range cookers, gas range cookers or get the best of both worlds with a dual fuel range cooker.