- For the chicken, place the egg into a bowl, add the cornflour and a pinch of salt, and whisk well to combine. Then add the chicken to the egg mixture and coat well.
- Heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil. Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- For the stir-fry, pour off all the oil from the wok, except for one tablespoon. Reheat the oil over a high heat, add the onion, and stirfry for a few seconds.
- Add the yellow and red pepper slices and stirfry them for 1 minute, or until softened. Then add the chicken pieces and stir-fry them for a further 1-2 minutes. Finally, add the stock and soy sauce and simmer for another minute, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the spring onions and cashew nuts, season to taste with sea salt and ground white pepper, and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Whip up this delicious stir fry on a fantastic range cooker from Leisure, check out our collection of gas range cookers. Our appliances are available in a range of sizes from 110cm range cookers to 60cm range cookers.